THIS IS A SINGING TALENT SEARCH FOR THE BEST COUNTRY SINGER IN THE
CENTRAL ILLINOIS AREA
1. You will need to show us a photo ID or birth certificate to audition.
2. You Must be 18 years of age or older.
3. You must prepare a 90 second routine with a country song of your choice and Video tape it. Only VHS or DVD will be accepted
4. ALL TAPES ARE TO BE RECEIVED BY FIVE P.M. ON FEBRUARY 20, 2008. Tapes must be addressed to Country Music Search, c/o WMBD-TV, 3131 N University, Peoria, IL 61604. They may also be dropped off to WMBD-TV Station during normal business hours. All video tapes become the property of Events, Ltd. and the sponsors and as such cannot be returned.
5. THIS IS A SINGING/TALENT SEARCH, Singers are required to sing Acappella and/or play their own instrument(s) or perform with a CD that you supply, no exceptions.
6. Awards presented will be: First place: a trip for two to Las Vegas to see the 43rd Academy of Country Music Awards on May 18, 2008. Second place: will receive $200.00. Third place: will receive $100.00. IF THE 43rd ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS IS IMPACTED BY THE CURRENT WRITERS STRIKE, THE TICKETS TO THE EVENT MAY BE CANCELLED BY CBS. THE WINNER MUST ACCEPT THIS RISK AS THIS IS OUT OF THE CONTROL OF THE SPONSORS OF THIS TALENT SEARCH.
7. No fire, sharp objects, weapons, or explosives (pyrotechnics) will be allowed in the audition.
8. All acts must conform to and be "Family Friendly." No acts will be allowed which use any form of profane language, religious or racial insults.
9. Any contestant advancing to the semi-finals will receive four passes to the Central IL Recreation Show including the one for the contestant. Any contestant advancing to the semi finals will be notified, by phone, the evening of February 21, 2008.
10. THIS IS A LOCAL TALENT SEARCH WITH NO TIES TO AGENTS OR RECORD CONTRACTS, ETC.
US Citizens & Permanent Residents Only: Contestants must be either a US citizen, legal permanent resident of the US, or possess a current legal visa allowing you to seek employment freely in the US (not merely a visa that allows you to work for one particular employer)
Performers must realize that this is a singing competition. You are expected to have fun during it. You will be expected to perform live with your CD or music you supply in the form of a CD. Live bands and other musicians will not be allowed. You may play your own instrument if you wish. PRODUCER AND CO-SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE AN AUDITION TO ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ACT FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON AT ALL, AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF PRODUCER OR COSPONSORS
The decision of the judges is final in all matters.
I will indemnify Producer (Events, Ltd.), WMBD, 97.3 River Country, Nexstar Broadcasting and Regent Broadcasting of Peoria or Peoria Civic center against all claims, liabilities, and expenses with respect to said Contestant Information Sheet, and that, knowing of Producer's reliance hereon, I agree to cause said person to adhere to all of the provisions of said Contestant Information Sheet. In addition, in consideration for my possible participation in the Program, I hereby agree to be bound by and to perform all of the terms and conditions of the foregoing Contest Information Sheet (Including, without limitation, the provisions regarding release of all claims), as such terms and conditions may relate to my participation of the audition process, if any (including but not limited to the taping of my appearance in connection with the Program and the audition process and the use of my name, voice, likeness, etc.)
MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND BE ATTACHED TO YOUR VIDEO ENTRY
Contestant Information Sheet
Thank you for applying to be a contestant in the talent contest "The Central Illinois Country Music Search." Events, Ltd. (Producer) reserves the right, exercisable at any time in its sole discretion, to disqualify you from the competition or the audition process should you at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate, or misleading personal details or information or for any other reason whatsoever, in Producer's sole discretion. Good Luck!
DATE OF BIRTH:_________________________________________________________________________________
NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR ACT:_____STATE OR GROUP NAME (if applicable)___________________________
HOMETOWN:_________________________ MARITAL STATUS:___________ SEX (circle one): F M
ARE YOU A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES? YES / NO_______________________________________
ARE YOU REPRESENTED BY ANY ARTIST UNION(S)? YES / NO_________________________________________
IF YES, WHICH UNION(S)?_________________________________________________________________________
PLEASE BRIEFLY DESCRIBE YOUR ACT:____________________________________________________________
PLEASE LIST THE TITLE & COMPOSER/ARTIST OF EACH SONG YOU INTEND TO PERFORM ( if applicable)____
IF YOU ARE PERFORMING TO RECORDED MUSIC DURING YOUR AUDITION, PLEASE LIST THE TITLE, COMPOSER/ARTIST, & RECORDING LABEL OF THE RECORDING_______________________________________
PLEASE LIST BELOW, TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE, ANYONE YOU KNOW OR HAVE KNOWN; WHO IS NOW, OR HAS BEEN IN THE PAST TWO YEARS, BEEN AN OFFICER, EMPLOYEE, AGENT, OR REPRESENTATIVE of Events, Ltd. (Producer), WMBD, 97.3 River Country, Nexstar Broadcasting, and Regent Broadcastin of Peoria or Peoria Civic center. or their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies;(B) Any television network, station or channel, cable network, or satellite network that may air the Program for which you are applying to be a contestant; (C) Any person or entity involved in any way in the development, production, distribution, or other exploitation of this contest or any variation thereof; (D) Any sponsor of the Program or its advertising agency; or (E) Any person or entity supplying prizes or other services to the Program.________________________________________________
Producer (Events, Ltd.), WMBD, 97.3 River Country, Nexstar Broadcasting and Regent Broadcasting of Peoria, reserve the right to render ineligible any person whom any of them determines, in its sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration, judging, or distribution of the Program, such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance
PLEASE DESCRIBE ANY TELEVISION APPEARANCES THAT YOU HAVE EVER HAD (If none, Please state non in the space below)____________________________________
HAVE YOU EVER HAD A RECORDING, SONG WRITING, OR AGENCY / MANAGEMENT CONTRACT? IF YES, PLEASE LIST BELOW AND INCLUDE COPIES WHEN RETURNING THIS INFORMATION SHEET (If none, please state none in the space below):___________________________________________________________________________________
HAVE YOU EVER PERFORMED ON ANY MUSICAL SOUND RECORDING? YES / NO________________________________________________________________________
as used herein, "Producer" shall include Events Ltd., its licensees, successors, and assigns, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, and
representatives. I agree that each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, and representatives. I agree that Producer may license, assign , and otherwise transfer this application and all rights granted by me under this application to any person or entity. I understand that Producer reserves the right to refuse an audition to any individual
or act, in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason.
I have read, understand, and agree with the foregoing.
Name (Please print or type)______________________________________